NCBI Educational Supports
Expanded Core Curriculum
NCBI supports the concept of an Expanded Core Curriculum for all children in education to achieve learning on all the areas of independence skills including communication & technology, mobility, social skills, and general daily living skills.
For more information on educational supports, please contact NCBI on (01) 830 7033.
Assistive Technology Information and Training
Assistive technology service is provided regionally to all age groups across NCBI’s Lifecycle Model. As part of this service we offer information, demonstration, assessment and training in assistive technology.
NCBI’s Children and Young Person’s Team additionall offers Assistive Technology Training Camps and support sessions for children and teenages of school age, parents and teachers.
For individuals of Working Age (aged 18 – 65), additional Assistive Technology Training, alongside touchtyping, ECDL, and digital skills workshops are available via the National Rehabilitation Training Centre.
For more information, please contact NCBI on (01) 830 7033
Employment and Vocational Support
For individuals over the age of 18, NCBI’s Employment Team, alognside the Working Age Team (aged 18 – 65) offers a range of free supports nationally to prepare and empower job seekers to gain and retain meaningful employment.
These services include job matching and career advice based on your interests, one-to-one mentoring, Orientation and Mobility, and Route Training, and Assistive Technology support and training.
NCBI’s Employment Service additionally offer short courses/programmes to support successful entry into the labour force. These courses include:
- Pre-Employment Training Programme: Tailored programmes designed for job seekers who are close to or further from the labour market. Courses are delivered both in person and online.
- Workplace Partner Programme: NCBI works with employers to provide professional experience, based on the skill and needs of the job seeker.
NCBI’s Rehabilitation Training Centre additionally offers a wide range of short courses and vocational offerings for individuals of working age.
These courses include:
- ‘Learning For Life’ programme – with a number of courses carrying QQI accreditation
- ECDL (European Computer Driving License, Level 4 NFQ)
- UEB Conversion
- Independent Living Skills
- Orientation and Mobility
- Pre-Employment Programmes
- Access and Pathways to Further Education
- Self Advocacy
- Peer Support.
Additional recreational sessions include Ceramics, Yoga, History, Gym and Personal Training.
For more information on the Training and Rehabilitation Centre, please contact the Training Services Manager Jodie McGriele on Tel: 01 8307033 or email enquiries to